Monday, April 19, 2010

What to do?

I know it has been far too long between posts but my mind has been somewhat preoccupied over the last week. Do any of you out there ever find yourself staring off into oblivion in the middle of the afternoon wondering "What the hell am I going to do with my life?"

Well for me that seems to be everyday lately, I sit out the back at work reading and such only to have my brain interrupted at random intervals with the daunting screeching sound of my proposed career coming to a blinding halt before it has even started.

Next week is my graduation ceremony, I get to wear the one-size-fits-all robe and the snazzy little motor board that makes even the petite-est of ears look like Mr. Spocks and as much as all of this gives me a nice warm and fuzzy I am horrified of that goddamn piece of paper. As soon as the random significant academic of choice hands me that degree it will become official, I will be a university graduate working a casual job in an industry that has nothing to do with her degree. Sure I am saving to travel (like all good stereotypical 20-somethings sponging off the luxury of still living at home) but honestly..how long can I continue to fool myself?

So I am throwing it out there universe...CAN YOU HEAR ME?! Good...because I will endeavor to only ask this once (repetition may occur)...

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHOW ME WHAT THE HECK I AM GOOD AT??

According to all the self-help gurus that keep appearing more and more on my beloved day time tv shows "Everyone is good at something, find your passion and make it your life"....Bullshit..

I find that I am good at many things not just one...unfortunately so is nearly everyone else in this city...so how do you stand out? Do I even want to get into the entertainment industry anymore? Should I find out before my graduation..I'm sure my lecturers would love to know if they wasted 3 years on me..hopefully not...maybe I should try and find a lovely financial backer for this blog..I could start advertising my favourite web-comics/magazines/movies etc. Who knows, maybe one day you will see a Frankie banner across the top of an official "Katherine Elizabeth: Social Commentator" website...

But..for now, as always I will remain doing what I do everyday.

Trying to take over the world!

No Pinky not that..just writing my blog and doing very average everyday stuff like most people.

Sincerely,

Katherine Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment