Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lovely realisations...

Have you ever had such strong feelings towards another person (either good or very bad), and having had them so long, found it very difficult to change them no matter what may happen?

Today I have had my minds changed about two different people, all of whom have played rather significant roles in my life.

The first has been a friend for many years, a boy who has covered all aspects of my life..teenage crush, teenage boyfriend, best friend, brother and psychologist. Over the last little while it would seem I have been a bit of a spoiled prick and for whatever reasons we have, we have been a tad distant. Tonight was wonderful. We had cuddles, we laughed, we joked like old times and for the first time in a very long time, I feel like I have one of my best friends right back where they should be, holding my hand.


The other is a lady who has been in my life on and off for the last 6 or 7 years. We have been through rough patches, we have antagonized and bitched to our individual hearts contents..well at least I have. Yet today I was confronted with an offer of generosity and kindness that shocked me more than I can say.

I'm not sure if it's because it's easter and we are all just crazy happy with our annual fill of chocolate but today helped me put a lot of things in perspective. The one saying in the world that is so true to this story is quite simply...

"Never judge a book by its cover"



I know it's is a little stupid but after being a stroppy cow for the last few months I just wanted to take stock and fully appreciate who I have in my life. I whinge constantly about money, travel, work, friends and family (and I probably will much more before this blog is finished at the end of the year), but today none of it matters because I am totally content :)

For the moment...

Happy Easter!

Yours Sincerely,


Katherine Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment