Thursday, May 13, 2010

Up too late once more...

Last night I had one of those horrible "awake" nights. You know, the kind you get where no matter what the time is, how many books you have read, or how much you-tubing or facebook stalking you have done you still just cannot manage to feel sleepy? Well this was me last night. So around the 11:30pm mark I pop in disk 1 of Sex and the City season 6..always a winner, bound to make me snore in a heartbeat.

No luck.

Smashing through those episodes like a well rehearsed dance I finally insert the final disc all a flutter ready to watch the final episode..some thing about Carrie moving to Paris because her older "lover" Aleksander (a grumpy arrogant Russian artist for those uneducated)has a solo art exhibit there. woo hoo. entertainment at it's finest.

3am: Katherine Elizabeth is still awake...and not only awake but returning to the main menu in search for special features..come the frick on!

So today I awoke slightly groggy from a crappy sleep filled with dreams of unfulfilling story lines and Smith Jarred...Samantha Jones I blame you.

One thing that did catch my attention though was Carrie's annoying yet damn catchy way of ending every scene of her typing on her laptop in her apartment, framed by her window and I couldn't help but wonder, when it comes to life and over-budgeted American TV shows, when does our reality stop and there's begin?


That sentence had no valid point whatsoever except to illustrate the basic structure of Carrie's writing style, something hopefully already picked up on by the more devote SATC fans.

I won't lie ..I love it,when I am home sick it is my medicine, Dr. Phil can't help me with my problems and no matter how many chandeliers I am offered Oprah just can't get rid of my sniffles. But Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha...oh my, they do the job everytime. I'm sorry to those of you out there who were hoping I was an intelligent person with an actual life..I must dissapoint you, because like all other females over 15 and under 65 I will be lining up on May 28th to get my hit of what those crazy cats get up to next.

15 sleeps to go...

Sincerely,

Katherine Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment