Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sniffles ahoy!

A wondrous day is today..the air is crisp the sky is pearly and the germs of Melbourne's young and old alike are floating down the city streets like the giant oozing black thing from "The Blob". For today is the first day of June,Winter and Hell.

I came home from work last night with my body sreeching at me to fix all sorts of different symptoms, it was as if my entire being had sensed the coming season and decided to prepare the night before, for the exam on headaches, puffy eyes and sneezing on public transport with only one used tissue on hand was not one that it wanted to fail. Note to body - You passed with flying colours, congratulations, your father and I are so proud...*grumble*

So now after a second day of scratchy throats, and pounding heads I sit at home in my most comfortable of comfy clothes with my laptop on my lap (the inventors of that name truly were blessed with the gift of insight) praying that the third litre of water I drink today will be the last because keeping my fluids up in order to stay fighting fit really is a pain...in the bladder...

Tomorrow I will head back into the office (PS I'm back at RMIT now and loving it) and attempt to stay away from everyone...period. I will borrow (without knowledge) a bottle of hand sanitizer from the kitchen and escape into the world feeling superior and smelling slightly of disinfectant.

Until next time, please cover your mouth when you cough, throw used tissues in the bin and say "bless you" when a stranger sneezes on the train..it makes them smile.

Sincerely,

Katherine Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment