Sunday, June 20, 2010

The wait is almost over!

After what feels like years of waiting (somewhat impatiently) I now prepare to take on the world, for it is but 15 sleeps until I board the plane that will take me to my destiny.

Any by destiny I mean beer, pretzels, beaches, shopping, dirty youth hostels and stunning marketplaces.

I tackle this challenge in a slightly changed mindset to that of a week ago after facing some harsh realities this week. However after a lovely 24 hours I am ready and raring to go! So get set for less of the tedious and more of the titillating as I bring you stories from afar, magical stories with names like:

"Oh shit..where's my passport?"

"Uh oh..I don't think that was Ouzo!"

and my personal favourite..

"Did that Russian just impregnate you on the dance floor?"

So stay tuned for the ups and downs of last minute packing, and bit by bit references to how the four of us are coping..that being said.. I shall now introduce you to my travel companions:

1. Shrimpy - let his nickname not deter you from the ginormous size of his personality...warned he will win you over with his infectious laughter..try not to refrain its easier and much more fun!

2. Gez - this Aussie Adonis is bound to cause some issues on the beaches of Mykonos! Hello ladies! ..Hello boys?? it is Mykonos after all...

3. Tiffany - glamorously nick named after one of her many obsessions she is our Parisian beauty and language life line being the only one of us intelligent enough to speak a second language.


Now with code names issued (totally non-returnable sorry guys!) we begin this "journey"...damn reality television for making me hate that word forever!!

Sincerely,

Katherine Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment